Motherhood is...
Sharing
Sharing
Kate has been my "baby" since we brought her home at 7 weeks old. I was not yet working when we got her and spent all days with her for over a month. Since I work 7 on 7 off we still spend lots of time together. Weimaraners are very family oriented dogs, she follows me around the house never staying in a room alone. Unfortunately they are also very active/hyper dogs and spend more time in "puppy" years then most dogs. So insert Kate at 1 1/2 years old who is going to take the back seat to the new baby. I do not give her enough attention and the attention she does get is normally pushing her away from the baby or yelling at her. She has actually done really well with Leah - she is really interested in her, unfortunately a little too interested as she tries to lick her face!! I know that my "girls" will be good friends AND in time Kate will get more of my attention, but until Leah does not have to be fed every few hours this will have to wait.
At the pediatrician this week, they told us we could start tummy time but very sternly said it MUST be supervised. I wonder if Kate supervising would be okay.
At the pediatrician this week, they told us we could start tummy time but very sternly said it MUST be supervised. I wonder if Kate supervising would be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment