Sunday, February 05, 2012

Project 52: 2

Motherhood is...

HERE




8lb 7 oz 21in long

Leah Grace Waters arrived Sunday morning at 2:31 am on January 15th. After about 15 hrs of labor, although it didn't feel like that long she made her appearance. We were doing great until labor stalled out around 10pm, we both got fevers, she was not in good position to come out, ended up using the vacuum AND we got to have both the midwife and the doctor with us. Some people may not know but the doctor is not normally in the room unless a c-section is needed - we were presented with this several times. Labor was not how I "hoped" it would go, but the outcome was - we got our perfect baby girl. Adam did not get to cut the cord because the doctor was concerned about her well being and she went directly to the NICU nurses. She came out screaming, APGARS 8/9 and the doctor said "its always the ones we worry about that do great". I did not get my initial skin to skin contact either because they were worried about baby and that was alright by me as I was utterly exhausted and felt bad (guess I finally felt the fever). I was so worried during the whole pushing process as I could see the doctors face the whole time. Which had a worried look on it the whole time!! She kept saying 15 more minutes... I would push and they would all say good job sara and my response was always did it do anything to bring her closer if not it was not good.

God blessed us with a beautiful daughter and a story and we are grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment