I have recently been so inspired to cook/bake all kinds of things. I stumbled upon this awesome blog while looking for homemade taco seasoning mix. Now I know what youre thinking "homemade taco seasoning mix" but Adam has become very serious about totally organic food. It has gotten a little more serious in the past month - we know only buy grass fed animals stuff, organic veggies, and eliminated all food with seasoning packs - rice roni, taco mix etc. ESSENTIAL food items in my diet I might add. So I went looking for taco mix that I could make because those who know me, know that tacos are a staple in my diet and one of my favorite foods.
I did my typical search on food network and then did a Google search and found Annie's Eats. Wow the girl that does this blog post a new recipe every day - most are from recipe books that she tries. I used her taco seasoning and I will say I need more of a kick so I will be adding more cayenne to my mixture next time but overall okay.
Since then we have made homemade ravioli, grilled pizza, homemade teriyaki grilled pork chops and steak kabobs. I know what you are thinking really extra ordinary sara but I bought ginger and rice vinegar something I have NEVER bought. This week we having honey chipotle glazed chicken and steak fajitas. For the chicken I bought coriander seed and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce-which I have to puree. I had to go to the "hispanic" section for this so we shall see how it turns out.
The blog also has TONS of homemade ice cream recipes from the book "The Scoop" which I need to buy soon. I LOVE ice cream and make some great mint chocolate chip if I do say so. I am making peanut butter cup ice cream this weekend and really excited - If I dont eat all the reeces cups. LOL
She also has lots of cupcake recipes and ideas. It is killing me not being able to try some of these but the oven is broken (has been since May, hence the grilled pizza) BUT its supposed to be fixed next week per the new owner so cupcakes here we come.
I guess because I am not working, I have lots of time on my hands but the recipes havent taken too much time to prepare plus Adam loves to cook. He has been equally excited adding a little spice to our weekly meals.
This all sounds so exciting. I added the site to my "favorites" so I can go to it whenever and try to add some flavor to our lives!
ReplyDelete