I am drastically trying to catch up on my rotations so that I can blog about the present. I did my ER rotation at Piedmont Hospital and although it was ER it was pretty uneventful. Piedmont is located downtown ATL and does not see any trauma (Grady is close) or pediatrics (Egleston/CHOA is where kids go). The biggest thing I learned in this rotation is that Piedmont does not utilize physician assistants at all. In fact they got rid of all the mid levels while I was there except one. The mid levels ran the fast track part of the ER and it was not FAST. The mid level would see the patient, diagnose, print out a script then call the attending to that patient and WAIT. The doctor would then come and see the patient & sign the script. I was so glad that I did not have to work with the mid levels because they did not get to see the real ER patients. However, it was great to I & D abscesses and suture with them.
As you can tell I will not be working in ER as I have no fun crazy patients to talk about. So on to the next rotation.
No comments:
Post a Comment