When I accepted my job, the official house hunt was on. Now is where the true OCD/type A personality comes out. You see I have searched online for months for houses and have been waiting to go look at them. I organized them buy price/rooms/upgrades and had all 12 houses memorized. I had pretty much made my decision based on the pictures and was really sad when 2 that I really liked were pending contract when the time came to go look at houses. We have this great realtor that we met in Canton (thought we might move to at one time) and she has been just AMAZING through this whole process. Since we decided to stay in the Atlanta area our needs changed. This house would be one that we would potentially stay in for a long time, if we moved to Rome we knew we would be there a few years before heading back to ATL. We knew we needed an office space and I also did not want to have one child and have to move again.
I looked for houses in Duluth, Johns Creek, and Suwanee and decided we could get the most for our money in Suwanee and the schools looked good- you know you are old when you start looking at schools.
We spent a whole day looking at houses with our realtor over 12 of them. The crazy thing is the same builder built almost all the houses we were looking at so they looked VERY similar. At the end of the day we were not real thrilled about any of the house, but during our "tour" we came across a new construction neighborhood. I was SOLD instantly... but Adam kept me grounded.
After doing some research about the company and getting Adams dads professional opinion on the builder we decided to sign the papers. Now came the big decisions floor plans, elevations, lot..wow talk about overwhelming. I spent the next evening reviewing all 21 plans and narrowed it down to 3. After crunching numbers we decided to go with the bigger house.
The house is supposed to be ready the end of January/early February and we are super excited. Its a 4br/3ba plus a study. Its way bigger than I could ever imagine us needing as our first home but we would NEVER have to move. We were able to do all the upgrades we wanted and stayed within our budget. I was so proud of ourselves, but this time it was me who kept us grounded. Adam would have blown the budget.
I cant wait to keep everyone posted on how things go.
No comments:
Post a Comment