Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Internal Medicine Outpatient- May/June 09

So I dont have much to say about this rotation as I was simply a fly on the wall for 4 1/2 weeks. I would love to forget this rotation all together, but because I said I would discuss all of them I will say some things in particular the living situation.
For this rotation, I ended up getting the shaft and sent to Lagrange for 4 1/2 weeks while Adam stayed in Lilburn. Now understand I am used to being away from Adam as we went to different colleges plus I worked every weekend BUT when you are married its different somehow. As you can tell I was really excited about going to Lagrange and staying at this ghetto fabulous apartment with my TWO MALE roommates and roaches the size of my thumb. I only saw 3 (2 in my bathroom and the final in my room). The last one crawled in my room from the living room and went up the wall, this was my LAST night in lagrange. I spent the last 4 days commuting.
My preceptor was a total jerk who was a physician assistant and then went back to school to become a doctor. Needless to say, he told me daily how he thought he knew a lot until he went to MED school. Imagine how much fun I had. He also played the guitar in the office and IMDB'd all the time. Our conversations would go, Sara do you know so and so (some OLD actor) and I would say um no or maybe. He would then get on the computer and show me pictures of such actor. Or he would start singing/playing his guitar and ask if I knew the song, which I never did of course and then back to the computer.
I was very happy to be done with this rotation and hope to never see this man again. So just like there was no 13floor in wayside story, there was no Internal medicine outpatient.

Hope all is well in the blog world!

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I like being able to read how your rotations are going :) Keep us posted, and we'll do the same

    ReplyDelete