Motherhood is...
Planning
Planning
I am determined {well hopeful} that Leah will be a "breastfed baby" and not need supplementation of formula. So..this week I started pumping and storing breastmilk so that this will happen. I know some people hate to pump, but for me I am just proud of how much I get. For example, last night I pumped a WHOPPING 7 oz {of course it had been 6 hrs & middle of night}. It does take more time out of my day, but it is worth it as I know its better for her. This week I managed to pump enough for 5 days. I am thinking she is going to need about 3.5- 4 oz per feeding & I will be away for 3-4 feedings, but I will be gone for 7 days at a time. I think I am lucky that for 7 whole days I can feed her although the lactation nurse told me my supply will wax/wane.
I informed Adam that my "stash" was like gold to me and that we cant just say "we will give her a bottle" and waste my hard work. He said to remember that I only need a day stored because I will be pumping all day at work for the next day essentially {if that makes sense}. I agree but my supply may decrease and not get enough for a days supply in one day it may take a couple of days. PLUS it has now become a challenge to see how much I can get!! HAHA. Now just to organize it {I am a little ocd about that kinda stuff}
Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment